Environment & Sustainability Manager
Acre has been engaged by a leading principal contractor to identify an energetic and experienced Environment and Sustainability Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all environmental and sustainability processes on over £2bn worth of infrastructure works on a large joint venture in the North. Reporting into the Project Head of HSES, the Environment & Sustainability Manager will join a high-achieving team in driving forward environmental and sustainability performance across a major UK project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing outstanding environmental and sustainability leadership across the entire project
- Leading on the development of environmental and sustainability policy, procedures and objectives to achieve the sustainability goals of the project
- Supporting the project in its aim of achieving BREEAM
- Promoting and raising awareness of the impact of new environmental and sustainability legislation to key stakeholders
- Ensuring innovation and best practice is developed, implemented and encouraged across the project, supply chain and contractors
- Proactively managing all environmental and sustainability risks associated with the project
This position is ideally suited to someone with significant environmental and sustainability experience of major construction and/or rail infrastructure projects. They will need the skills to work across a range of stakeholders, along with the ability to take the lead in regards to environmental and sustainability delivery on the project.
Key requirements include:
- Experience of managing a team of environmental or sustainability specialists
- Qualification in environmental or a related discipline
- IEMA Diploma / IEMA Associate Certificate
- Full professional membership of a recognised environmental body
- Lead Auditor training
- Chartered Environmentalist desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively to persuade and influence others in gaining agreement to and acceptance of ideas
- Positive approach to the challenges of change with the ability to elicit a receptive response in others
This exciting opportunity offers an individual the chance to work for a highly-regarded contractor on one of the UK's largest infrastructure projects. Opportunities of this nature are rare in the North, so if you feel you have the correct skill set then please don't hesitate to apply.