Would you like to play a key role in ensuring the safety of armoured combat vehicles for the MOD? We currently have a vacancy for a Safety Engineer at our site in Telford.
As a Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all BAE Systems Land (UK) products and services comply with the required legislative and business requirements. You will be carrying out various safety activities to ensure that customer expectations are met in terms of time, cost and quality requirements.
This role will give you the opportunity to gain specialist knowledge of the whole platform of a specific combat vehicle, as well as the chance to work face-to-face with the customer. You will also have the scope and flexibility to work across different programmes in the future, whilst receiving full support for your career development.
Your main responsibilities as a Safety Engineer will involve:
- Undertaking hazard identification and analysis
- Writing in-depth safety engineering appraisals and reports, including safety case reports
- Undertaking analysis such as Failure Modes, Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Working with customers to ensure equipment is compliant with MOD ALARP principles
- Creating and maintaining a robust hazard log
- Undertaking safety evaluation of engineering designs
- Leading and supporting reviews with the stakeholder community as appropriate
- Providing safety engineering support and advice across all engineering functions
Your skills and qualifications as a Safety Engineer:
- Safety experience from a legislated industry
- Knowledge and experience of applying a range of techniques in conducting hazard identification and analysis and risk assessments
- Knowledge and experience of producing robust and compelling ALARP and safety arguments
- Engineering background ideally within defence equipment or products
- Knowledge and experience of applying safety management processes ideally within the Concept Assessment Development Manufacturing In-Service Disposal (CADMID) cycle and/or the Systems ‘V’ model
What we're looking for in you:
You will have the ability to work as part of a project team and autonomously when required, with a proactive approach to your work. You must also be methodical with excellent attention to detail to enable you to structure reasoned arguments. Being a strong communicator at all levels, you will have the ability to confidently articulate technical safety information to a variety of stakeholders.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Land (UK)
Supporting the Armed Forces with the most advanced vehicle and munitions products in the world is one of the most exciting career moves you could make. Join us and be part of a team that gives our customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, building and maintaining some of their most vital equipment - everything from battle tanks to engineer vehicles; artillery through to advanced missile systems.
We are looking for people with the passion, drive and determination to give the best they can every day, to make sure our troops get only the best. In return, we offer you a role you can be proud of, that lets you grow and develop in the UK’s leading defence company.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People