Environment and Audit Officer
A leading terminal operator looking to add a meticulous Environmental and Audit Officer in Southampton.
Your new company
My client operates a multi-award winning terminal in Southampton. The wider organisation has over 75 marine and inland terminals in more than 35 countries. They have a vast presence in both high-growth and mature markets. The aim of the business is to become a pivotal part of global trade from the UK, ensuring everything they do has a long lasting positive impact on economies and society.
The business are striving to be the leading UK container terminal for excellent customer service, offering a strategic location, reliable access and excellent distribution routes.
Your new role
As Environment and Audit Officer (37.5 hours/week), this role works closely with Safety Officers, a Compliance Officer and Line Managers. Although, not the traditional environmentalist role, the post does encompass ensuring that the company remains compliant with current environmental legislation (eg. spillages, CO2 reduction, noise etc).
Management systems are used to comply with ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO 28000 and OHSAS 18001, and auditing of these systems will form a large element of this role. Strong working relationships will be required to manage effective communication with similar positions at other terminals and external regulatory organisations.
There will also be occasional travel for meetings and training etc so a Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
What you'll need to succeed
- The successful candidate will require a Professional certification in managing an Environmental Management System.
- You must possess or be working towards an Internal Auditing certification and have good knowledge of quality and environmental issues relevant to the business.
- Proven experience in a senior role liaising with all levels of a business will be an advantage.
- Having implemented and operated certified management systems including liaison with external certification bodies.
- Experience of auditing management systems
- Able to manage own workload, prioritising tasks to meet compliance requirements/business needs
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary DOE, 25 days + BH's, pension matched to 6%, discretionary bonus, private medical cover.
Other notable benefits include: childcare vouchers, car lease, on-site canteen and free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.