Health & Safety Advisor
Acre has been engaged by one of the UK's leading housing and construction businesses to identify a Regional Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor. In this position within the Housebuilding arm of the business, the Regional HSE Advisor will take responsibility for up to fifteen programmes of work in the Yorkshire Region.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the H&S Strategy across the regions, and help to foster a proactive H&S culture across the operations teams. Your role will be to support the ongoing implementation of company wide H&S systems and processes, to achieve goals and key performance indicators.
- Implementation of key HSE initiatives across the Yorkshire region, liaising closely with site management and operational staff
- Ensuring that all operational staff across all sites adopt safe working practices, and embrace the HSE culture of the business
- Auditing and reporting on key HSE metrics, raising areas of concern and advising on appropriate remedial action
- Completing accident and incident investigations as necessary
The successful individual will have experience working in construction in a HSE, housebuilding experience is ideal. They will be able to work with people across all levels of the business, from operational staff to the senior leadership team.
- NEBOSH Diploma / NRCQ Diploma or equivalent
- TechIOSH, ideally GradIOSH
- Experience in a health and safety position
- Understanding and knowledge of HSE management systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a responsible position within a rapidly expanding business, with the opportunity to effect real change across sites and drive safety excellence in the business.