Principal Health, Safety and Environment Consultancy Director
Job Description and Person Specification
Job title: Principal Health, Safety and Environment Consultancy Director
Department/Section: Professional Services
Reporting to: Director of Professional Services
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £65,000-£80,000 per annum + Share Options + CPD Package + Benefits
Location: London, or within commuting distance
The ideal candidate would be open to a challenging role with high autonomy and accountability in a fast-growing, medium-sized consulting firm. Ark as a premium brand has a very impressive client base that’s growing fast, so the ideal candidate will be a keen contributor to helping our major and global clients solve critical, contentious and complex problems in your domain, and take their Safety and Environmental programme to a new level and achieve client delight. If you believe this will be exciting and fulfilling, we would love to talk to you further.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Working with clients and new clients as a Senior Engagement Manager and Technical Business Development Manager, leading, managing and delivering a suite of professional services, innovative solutions and operations excellence.
- Assist the Senior Director in leading and managing the Lead Consultants setting out practices, methodologies and client management plans with the aim of delivering outstanding relationships, professional services and helping clients go to a new level.
- Act as ‘Competent Person’ providing advice to senior management including PLC board members and governance boards in client companies.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting our clients, team of consultants and product team in specialist matters as required, specialising in major and global Corporate companies and Facilities companies.
- Be part of the bid-management team contributing to the technical content and service delivery content.
- Lead risk programmes across a client base including undertaking Health, Safety and Environmental assignments including for complex corporate property functions, facilities and processes.
- Design, develop, audit, train and oversee the delivery of SHE management systems at various life cycles for clients both in the UK and overseas to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 or equivalent in documented form or on a full digital software platform.
- Create highly efficient and effective Health, Safety and Environmental programmes and management systems including initial training needs analysis and templates, permit systems, contractor approval systems, risk control systems for clients.
- Design, interpret and present reporting and analytics/dashboards for decision support and Executive interpretation.
Skills, Requirements and Qualities:
- Pragmatic, strategic and tactical with flare for creative thinking.
- Determination, drive and high influence.
- Strong planning, producing and executing skills with ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- High service orientation, able to identify with the client their business needs and issues.
- Strong consulting skills to gather requirements and achieve solutions.
- Accurate and trustworthy.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to various locations within UK and internationally.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Thrive on pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to take the Ark vision in all you do.
- Strong leadership skills, creates a superb result, a clear catalyst in the transition from good to great.
- Demonstrate compelling modesty, shunning public adulation.
- Channels ambition into the organisation, not the self; set up successes for even more greatness in the next generation.
- Sets the standard of building an enduring great organisation.
- Combining a culture of discipline in an ethic of entrepreneurship to achieve results.
- 15-20 years’ experience.
- Professionally qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or Degree Level and CMIOSH or equivalent.
- Practitioner membership of IEMA required, where MIEMA is preferential.
- Leading a team.
- Project management having at least worked on 5-10 projects implementing and maintaining a management system for complex environment and leading 20-50 Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- At least 5 projects of maintaining certification in 18001 and 14001 is essential, and ISO 9001 is desirable.
About Ark Workplace Risk
Major and global brands choose Ark because of our refreshingly different approach to consulting and development to solutions that put clients in control of their safety. Combining strong competence in relationships, transformation and delivery we create value not just enhance it for our clients.
Ark Workplace Risk is the market leading provider of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety Solutions and Services internationally focussing on the entire supply and value chain of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety with our clients using QUOODA® Ark’s Enterprise Software Platform, Outsourcing Solutions and Professional services.
Ark continues its ongoing investment to be ahead of the market through continuous product & technology innovation, differentiated solutions & services addressing regional variations in market needs, infrastructure and resources and strategic alliances and partnerships for global coverage.
Ark works with over 500 global and premium brands. Clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Apply for Principal Health, Safety and Environment Consultancy Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly