About Costain and your project.
Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
CMDP is a Joint Venture between MWHT and Costain based on a 50/50 share relationship. The Joint Venture was set up to deliver the 5 year (2015 – 2020) AMP6 (Process) Programme in South East England (East Sussex and Kent) for Southern Water. The Delivery Contract is worth £200 million over 5 years.
CMDP is delivering a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). CMDP is a joint venture between Costain and MWH.
CMDP will be carrying out approximately £200m of work during AMP6 (2015-2020), with an option to extend the framework agreement in to AMP7.
What will I be doing?
- Understanding and promoting the practical application of the Company Health & Safety and Environmental management system, policies, procedures and statutory requirements on our projects
- Providing project teams with advice and support on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies.
- Providing practical support and advice to project teams in accurate and correct completion or review of SHE documentation
- Undertaking site SHE Advisory inspections and provide practical advice and support to ensure sites are compliant
- Supporting or leading on SHE campaigns and other improvement initiatives as required by the SHE Manager
- Delivering training or briefing sessions to improve understanding and awareness as required by the SHE Manager
- Assisting with the monitoring and reporting of Project SHE Performance as directed.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or higher
- Tech.IOSH or higher
- Have previous experience as a SHE Advisor
- Good communication skills
- Work flexibly to meet project needs
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently, and to short deadline
- Full UK driving license
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we ensure that we are an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.