British Safety Council is one of the world’s leading occupational, health and safety organisation and have embarked on an incredible journey of transformation. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Audit Manager to join our Audit & Technical team.
The successful Audit Manager will be required to deliver our products and services in accordance with internal standards and processes. They will line manage the full-time Auditors, the Environmental Consultant as well as the Associate Delivery Personnel. This role will support audit and consultancy scoping, quality assurance and recruitment processes in accordance with direction from the Head of Audit and Technical Services.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will ensure provision of appropriate technical support and guidance for the Sales and Operation teams as required
The role may involve UK and international travel and service delivery cover at short notice. The Audit Manager role is suitable for someone who has experience in implementing OHSMS management systems and line managing technical staff.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Provide appropriate line management to the Audit and Consultancy Health, Safety and Environmental technical delivery personnel.
- Deliver British Safety Council SHE audits and consultancy products / services as required.
- Support QA review of Safety, Health and/or Environmental audit and consultancy deliveries as per operational process.
- Support the root cause investigation and corrective actions, relating to complaints and/or appeals arising from audit and/or consultancy deliveries as directed by Head of Audit and Technical services.
- Manage the recruitment, induction and ongoing training of audit and consultancy personnel as directed by Head of Audit and Technical Services.
- Provide technical support for audit consultancy product development and maintenance projects as directed by Head of Audit and Technical Services.
- Advise and support (including attending client meetings as appropriate) sales and operational personnel to ensure appropriate scoping and resourcing of audit and consultancy services.
- Provision of support (internal and external) for promotion of audit and/or consultancy products as required
- Support the maintenance of the individual products within the portfolio to ensure: (i) they remain technically valid; (ii) opportunities for improvement are identified (iii) delivery methods and working practices are efficient (iv) future revenue streams are maximised
- Support the Liaison with internal departments to promote product and service awareness and provide technical input to tendering bids as required.
- Maintain professional competency and CPD requirements as appropriate
Skills & Qualifications
- Chartered level membership of IOSH (or equivalent) or working towards
- L6 Health and Safety Qualification
- Relevant lead auditor qualification
- Demonstrable experience of auditing protocols and processes
- IT literate (including use the use word and excel).
- Excellent instructional techniques/presentation skills
- Excellent report writing/written word skills
- Audit delivery (as above)
- Report writing
- Suitable experience (5 years minimum) implementing OHSMS management systems
- Line management of technical function
- Demonstrable experience of client relationship management
- 25 days’ holidays, including holiday trading
- Health cash plan benefit from the first day of joining
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Season ticket loan
- And many more other benefits!
Salary: £ 45,000 depending on experience
Closing Date – 16 February 2018