Senior Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor
Leicestershire County Council has an exciting part-time opportunity for a Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor to join our Corporate Team.
About the role
The successful applicant will advise and support all Departments on Health, Safety and Wellbeing issues and assist the Corporate Health and Safety Manager continuously improve health and safety standards across all LCC sites.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing advisor will include:
- Management of a team of Health and Safety Advisors, Apprentices and Wellbeing Advisors.
- Maintaining the Health and Safety Management System across all Departments.
- To ensure compliance with all health and safety legislation and standards throughout the Council
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are properly recorded and investigated with a view to recommending action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Liaising with enforcement agencies.
- Working closely with Senior Managers, and developing quarterly and annual reports
Reporting directly to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, the role is based at County Hall, Glenfield for 20 hours a week. The successful applicant will have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is required.
To be considered for the role applicants must have a good background and qualification in health and safety (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent). Experience in working in local government would be an advantage, but not essential. The successful applicant will be a chartered member of IOSH and have knowledge of ISO 18001. A management qualification or evidence of comprehensive management training is desirable.
For informal enquiries, please contact Colin Jones, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager.
Closing date: 23rd February 2018
Interviews: 7th March 2018