Principal Designer / CDM Advisor - Herts
Our client is a medium sized consultancy looking for a Principal Designer to join the team in Hertfordshire. The role is to take ownership of Principal Designer projects and work on them to meet the requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. The role will be as a member of a growing team of health and safety professionals.
- Planning, managing and monitoring health and safety in the pre-construction phase, including; identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks; and ensuring Designers carry out their duties
- Helping compile Pre-Construction Information Packs and providing it to Designers and Contractors
- Liaising with the Principal Contractor to help in the planning, managing, monitoring and coordination of the construction phase
- Conduct health and safety specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of projects
- Undertake site inspections/audits on behalf of Clients or Contractors
- Assist with internal health and safety procedures
Our client is looking for someone with experience in a similar role, who has construction and health and safety knowledge, and who can manage, coordinate and advise design teams.
Ideally you will have obtained the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and have:
- Experience in a similar role or in a design or construction role
- Clear understanding of the legal requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Clear understanding of the sensitivities and specialist requirements when working on historic buildings, schools and care homes
For more information on this role or any further requirements within Health & Safety recruitment, call Dominic Jacques on 020 7960 2551.