Regional Health and Safety Manager
Regional Health and Safety Manager - well-established, medium-sized main construction contractor - retail new-build and refurbishment. £50k-£65k+package - based from an office near Gatwick covering the South East of England.
Graduate/Chartered Member of IOSH required for a well-established, privately owned, £50m+ turnover main construction contractor, to engage and inspire employees and contractors by promoting, supporting and developing high health and safety standards through coaching and behavioural management.
You will be providing guidance on the implementation of the Company's safety and health policy, management system and supporting standards. Reviewing local working practises, providing feedback to local line management to challenge, influence and support the Company's overall health and safety strategies.
* Implementing the business strategic goals and objectives, in accordance with the Group's business plan and delivery to provide effective and positive health and safety support on all current legislation, policies and industry best practice and ensuring full compliance is maintained of the Company's certifications;
* Including the drafting of procedures and guidance documents to ensure stability for the company's changing needs;
* Provide briefing and coaching on company health and safety management systems;
* Promote and encourage health and safety awareness amongst the managers and employees of the business unit by providing communications, awareness training and any other suitable means;
* Ensuring all accidents are properly notified, investigated, reviewed and corrective actions are followed up. When necessary, participate in investigations of major accidents and incidents;
* Provide technical review for Construction Phase Plans;
* Implement a suite of proactive measures that can be analysed and acted upon before an accident occurs.
* Analysing regional trends and providing detailed monthly health and safety reports for inclusion in the Regional Board reports.
* Undertake site and office audits to ensure legal and company compliance;
* Co-ordinate occupational health surveillance within the business unit;
* Involved with pre-qualification and tender documentation for new bids;
* Maintain knowledge of legislation, company policies and procedures which may impact the company's operations and to advise the business unit's management accordingly;
* Liaise with the relevant Client safety representatives and attend continuous improvement meetings organised by the Client.
* Responsible for recruitment and development of health and safety personnel within the business unit.
Knowledge, training and experience required:-
* Chartered Member (CMIOSH) or working towards it (GradIOSH level minimum)
* Experience in construction, ideally some experience/knowledge within the retail sector:
* Technically proficient, analytical skills and creativity;
* Ability to work autonomously and recognising when senior management input is required:
* Must have a tenacious approach, always looking to find out more regarding latest legislation to ensure compliance within the business unit;
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work across all levels of the organization;
* Problem resolution and strong reasoning skills with the ability to construct sound and positive challenge;
* Ability to assimilate information quickly from a variety of sources in order to form a coherent fit for purpose response;
* Ability to prioritise and focus upon key deliverables and activities.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy