Occupational Safety & Hygiene Advisor
Occupational Safety & Hygiene Advisor
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies performance chemicals in addition to raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals.
What you can expect
As an Occupational Safety and Hygiene Adviser your responsibilities will include:
- Providing Occupational Health & Safety advice to the sites. Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation and the BASF Responsible Care Management System Codes 0 & 3, including support of the FE/RA audit process.
- Leading or supporting Accident/Incident investigation, providing support with Safe Systems of Work (Permit to Work, Risk Assessment), maintaining the sites Contractor Management system
- Monitoring and reporting internally and externally on Occupational Safety Performance of the sites, providing information for Site Management Team review. Developing and delivering initiatives to support continuous improvement in Safety Performance.
- You will develop and maintain an Occupational Hygiene monitoring program for the sites and co-ordinate the delivery of this program with monitoring service suppliers (internal and external).
- Advising on Occupational Hygiene matters e.g. COSHH and Noise.
- You will design and deliver specialist Health and Safety Training supporting Learning & Development on the development of training packages for delivery by non-EHS professionals.
- You will participate in regulator investigations and liaise with regulators to ensure timely close out of actions following Occupational Health and Safety interventions.
- Finally, working with your manager and team to identify your learning and development needs, and working towards an agreed learning and development plan to maintain your professional skills.
What we expect
- You will hold a Professional Occupational Health and Safety accredited qualification, including Occupational Hygiene (e.g., NEBOSH National Diploma), with at least 3 years experience within a Health & Safety role.
- You will hold a good knowledge of Responsible Care and legal requirements for managing Occupational Health and Safety in relation to chemical production.
- You will possess good time management, work management, communication and networking skills.
- You will be comfortable and competent using information technology skills.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Closing date: 2 April 2018
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally.
Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Working area: Environment, Health & Safety Location: BASF plc, Bradford
Working hours: Full-time Contract type: Permanent
Reference code: EN56889361_SHP4_1
Please apply online at www.basf.co.uk/career
For more information please contact: Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33