Health and Safety Advisor
Galahad has been engaged by a fast growing organisation which specialises in creating luxury retirement villages to appoint a Health and Safety Advisor. This is a newly created job fuelled by the company's growing portfolio and strong commitment to Health and Safety.
Previously, the company outsourced its Health and Safety function to a consultancy and has recently decided to bring it in house. Reporting to the Group Health and safety Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor will support the the implementation and management of systems throughout the business.
- Support the Group Health and Safety Manager in developing and maintaining all elements of a robust Health and Safety Management System
- Provide guidance and expert advice on all health and safety related matters related to 9 sites which are mainly based in the Midlands and South East of England
- Carrying out safety inspections and internal audits of the company's portfolio, identifying deficiencies and assisting in the implementation of remedial action as may be necessary
- Investigating and reporting accidents or near miss occurrences, and making recommendations to prevent future occurrence
- Liaising with external enforcement agencies in relation to Health and Safety, Food Safety and Fire compliance matters
- Providing health & safety related training to Operations Team
- Health and Safety experience within hospitality, facilities management, property, residential care or any other closely related sector
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Hold relevant health & safety qualifications such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Ideally you will be based in the Midlands or South East England be willing to travel across all 9 sites so that your presence is felt across the business
With a company car and other benefits on offer, this presents a good opportunity for an experienced Health and safety professional looking for a new challenge or a rising star looking to gain exposure to new areas of Health and Safety. We look forward to receiving your application if this job sound like a good fit.