Head of Health and Safety
Acre has been engaged by one of the UK's most prestigious property management and development businesses to identify their new Head of Health and Safety. Based from their iconic London office and reporting into the COO, you will lead in protecting the interests, assets and well-being of the business, its tenants, employees and public. This will be achieved by developing and delivering an efficient and engaging Health, Safety and Fire strategy which is suitable for this well globally recognised mixed-use property portfolio.
- Lead, develop and implement the Health & Safety and Fire Safety strategy and objectives to align with the company's aims and objectives
- Develop, implement and maintain the business' Group Health & Safety and Fire Safety policy and management procedures
- Continually develop and improve the management of all Health and Safety, providing leadership and direction, whilst engaging senior management, staff and contractors
- Maintain leading technical knowledge and awareness, provide expert advice on all Health and Safety and Fire Safety legislation to the CEO, COO and Executive Board
- Plan and develop all processes, policies and systems to enable the business to adequately discharge their statutory duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Fire Safety. You will also have the ability to develop and deliver strategy and be an excellent communicator. It is vital that the post holder has a high level of gravitas and engagement, delivering their work in an intelligent, strategic and enthusiastic way.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of operational and strategic Health and Safety management issues, enforcement procedures and policies
- Experience of working across a mixed used property portfolio with high public footfall
- An open and engaging personality with the ability influence and engage stakeholders across all levels
- Technical credibility and an excellent understanding of current Health and Safety and Fire Safety legislation
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma level 6 (or equivalent) and ideally be CMIOSH
This is a unique Head of Health and Safety opportunity, to join a globally recognisable property business which is totally committed to Health and Safety. If you can engage, drive change and enjoy working across a varied risk profile, apply today.