Senior Safety Manager (Civils)
Senior Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (SHEQ) | (Civil Engineering) | Leeds | circa £65,000 + Car + Benefits
We have been engaged by a high profile civil engineer to recruit a Senior Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (SHEQ). The role is focused on ensuring the safe delivery of a major, long term, utility contract. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to this continued success.
This role is focused on providing accurate and effective health and safety leadership to ensure all obligations are adhered to across a large utility contract, and a culture of best practice is maintained.
Responsibilities of the Senior SHEQ manager will include:
- Strategically advising and supporting Senior management with SHEQ strategy across the utility contract, manage and develop the overall SHEQ plan
- Providing expert SHEQ advice and support to operational personnel
- Implementing health and safety programs and initiatives, to raise awareness, ensure compliance and keep updated with key changes to legislation
- Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Responsibility for the implementation of the corporate quality and environmental policies and practices to OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and 14001
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or construction
- Chartered Status (CMIOSH or I MIRSM)
- National Diploma or NVQ5/6 Health and Safety a BSc or MSc Health and Safety (Desirable)
- Environmental Qualifications (desirable), knowledge and understanding of Quality auditing
- Strong communication, analytical and team management skills with the ability to produce plans, spreadsheets, reports, alerts and presentations
This position will require an experienced Safety professional who can contribute and lead at a strategic level. Contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.