Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Assured Safety Recruitment is proud to be working with a global logistics group with a significant presence in the UK market. Based at a key site in Greenford your role will encompass providing professional guidance and information is provided to the Site Management Team that will enable them to operate in compliance with customer and corporate procedures related to health, safety and environmental legislation, and in compliance with certificated external and internal standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001). You will support all employees and management through coaching, training, engagement and positive communication, style interacting on a daily basis.
- Delivering health and safety advice and support to the site leadership team and employees
- Represent the business in enforcement liaison
- Analyse and monitor trends in health, safety and environment data, producing regular reports and identifying areas for improvement.
- Continually develop the management health, safety and environment management systems
- Inform local management of changes to and new legislation related to QSHE
- Carry out health and safety audits and inspections and assisting with accident investigations and subsequent remedial actions.
- Deliver health and safety coaching and training packages, and develop and deliver ad-hoc bespoke training workshops and toolbox talks as required
- Building and maintain positive working relationships both with site based and corporate stakeholders
- Attend site management meetings
- Lead the risk assessment program, coaching and supporting managers
- Identifying good health and safety practices and best practices and communicating them to the site.
Your skills and experience
- Nebosh H&S Qualification(Level 3)
- Lead auditor status desirable and Associate membership of IEMA desirable
- Proven experience in an industrial setting such as logistics, manufacturing etc
- Demonstrable experience in health and safety full time role
- Advantageous, but not essential to have a working knowledge of management systems including OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001
- Proven ability to analyse data; draw logical conclusions and apply them in an operational environment
- Good report writing skills
- Strong ‘people’ skills, motivated to engage with employee at all levels and enjoying a physical presence on the shop floor.