Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (Waste)
Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (Waste / Recycling)
UK, East London | £60,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile leader in the waste and recycling industry to recruit a Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ). The role, reporting to Board, is focused on leading the SHEQ Team to drive performance across the business. The organisation is one of the best known in the market with long term contracts, they have also invested heavily in state of the art technology to stay at the forefront of their industry.
Responsibilities for the Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will include:
- Leading a team ensuring the implementation of the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality strategy
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and raising the profile of the function
- Continually developing and reviewing the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste or manufacturing or a related industry
- A NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and experience with ISO standards
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
Strong management systems experience would be an advantage.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.