Occupational Health Manager
Acre is delighted to be working with one of the UK's most prestigious infrastructure and construction firms to identify an enthusiastic Occupational Health Manager. The successful candidate will be directly involved in the successful delivery of two of the UK's largest infrastructure projects - HS2 and Thames Tideway. Reporting into the Head of Occupational Health for the business, this is an excellent opportunity to develop and implement an industry leading occupational health strategy on two landmark projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a highly effective occupational health management strategy and system for use across major UK projects
- Liaising with HR teams to ensure appropriate supporting systems are in place during recruitment, referral and review processes
- Delivering an effective occupational health service delivery, along with employee wellbeing metrics and reports
- Liaising with the Health, Safety & Environmental project teams to ensure adequate occupational health support is provided across all operations
- Developing and maintain training packages to ensure operational personnel with occupational health responsibilities have the necessary skills
This person must be an experienced occupational health professional, ideally with a background in the construction, civil engineering or rail sectors. The successful person will also be driven, with a passion for OH and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
- Occupational Health qualification
- Ability to demonstrate continuing professional development
- Experience of managing outsourced occupational health provision
- Good understanding of legal requirements and principles of health risk management
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Some experience in the development and delivery of training
- HSE qualification (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven and experienced individual to join a world leading and highly regarded organisation, helping to drive occupational health performance across two flagship engineering projects. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please don't hesitate to apply for this Occupational Health Manager role.