Health & Safety Co-ordinator
A leading UK retail business is seeking a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to cover 76 of their stores from Essex to Cornwall. This is a field based role and the candidate in question will ideally be located on the M4 corridor (Bristol, Swindon, Reading or Southampton will all be suitable bases) . The company will be looking for a candidate who has Health & Safety experience in a retail or similar environment. This is a great opportunity for you to manage your own diary and have influence in a small H&S team for a well renowned UK retailer.
- Undertakes centre visits to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and health and safety legislation. Writes health and safety reports identifying recommendations for improvements and remedial actions.
- Reviews incident reports for their centres. Collates information required for accident and incident investigation and leads the investigation of significant incidents and RIDDOR's.
- Manages Environmental Health Officer visits in accordance with company procedures.
- Actively participates in the overall planning process for the improvement of the H&S system through input to annual Plans & Objectives with the Line Manager.
- Serves as the primary resource in their region when new H&S initiatives are launched. Helps centres understand any requirements, benefits and steps necessary for full implementation.
- Assists in the development of H&S documents for use at a centre or business level.
- Completes H&S training of H&S champions and other Stakeholders when required.
- Provides input on areas where safety performance should be improved, and provides recommendations on methods for making such improvements.
- Assists with developing H&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interacts with colleagues, customers and external stakeholders professionally.
- Responds and provides assistance in emergency situations.
- Educates and informs colleagues across the retail operations in effective health and safety practices so as to promote a safe environment for colleagues and customers.
- Is the point contact for centres for health and safety issues.
- Advises centres on completion of risk assessments in line with operational procedures as to promote a safe environment for colleagues and customers
- Involves appropriate colleagues to deal with unresolved health and safety issues so as to bring about a speedy resolution and maintain a safe environment for colleagues and customers helping to live the company's values.
- Keeps up to date with changes within the health and safety legislation so as to ensure that the latest health and safety requirements are being applied across the company's retail operations.
- Works with external contractors so as to resolve health and safety issues and ensure a safe environment for colleagues and customers.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Previous experience in retail or relatable industry.
- Able to travel across the south of the UK up to four days per week.