Group Health & Safety Manager
Group Health & Safety Manager
Camira are award winning textile innovators specialising in contract upholstery fabrics for commercial interiors and mass passenger transport. The company designs and manufactures its own woven and knitted fabrics at sites in Huddersfield, Nottingham and in Lithuania, plus has a network of overseas offices and showrooms in Europe, USA and Asia Pacific. With a turnover of circa. £90m, Camira employ about 700 people and sell some 8 million metres of fabric per year in 80 countries worldwide. Typical end-users include the BBC, HSBC, Linkedin, Google, Microsoft, Leeds and Manchester Arenas, Swiss Rail, First Group and Transport for London.
Recognised for product innovation and environmental best practice, Camira are five times Queen’s Award winners and current holders of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in both International Trade and Sustainable Development. Camira is the company behind ground breaking environmental fabrics made from harvested nettles, flax, hemp and wool.
The role exists to set and implement the H&S strategy for all Camira Group locations (including remote workers). A key deliverable of the role is the development of a proactive, safety culture covering all employees in all locations, including showrooms and home workers.
The role must also ensure that we are compliant with all local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement the H&S strategy for the Camira Group.
- Develop a proactive, safety aware culture, ensuring engagement and leadership from Board and senior leadership teams through to operator level.
- Set clear performance targets and plans for the group and individual locations and communicate these on a monthly basis.
- Develop annual H&S improvement plans, supporting training and development plans and drive these through all areas of the business.
- Ensure all group activity is in compliance with local regulations and laws.
- Ensure all group manufacturing locations retain OSHAS 18001 / ISO 45001 accreditations.
- Design H&S into all processes, activities and products.
- Provide processes to ensure all activities are risk assessed and supporting safe operating procedures are implemented.
- Lead H&S incident management activity and deal with all insurance H&S related issues for the group.
- Ensure external contractor safety at all locations.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
The post holder will be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent.
Knowledge of OSHAS 18001 implementation and compliance.
Chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Able to understand process management
Ability to build relationships
Capable of providing expertise and advice on H&S issues
Full driving licence
The role will require the post holder to visit all Camira sites / premises at least once in every 2-year cycle. Visits to the main UK and Lithuanian manufacturing sites will be required on a monthly basis. It is expected that for the majority of the time the role would be based at one of the main group manufacturing sites.
Additional qualification requirements
Health and wellbeing qualification / training.
Environmental Management qualification / experience