Health and Wellness Manager
Health and Wellness Manager
Have you got what it takes to drive our successful business to the next level?
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems.
We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
We are currently looking for a full time Health and Wellness Manager to Develop and deliver a positive health and wellness culture in the workplace, ensuring that employers and workers comply with company practices, health and safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to in all UK Food Division sites.
- Provide leadership anddirection to develop deliver and maintain the health and wellness programme for NSF Food UK
- Passionately engage employees to adopt a positive Health and Wellness culture
- Develop, implement, promote & maintain NSF’s internal Health & Safety policy, strategies, risk assessments, safe systems of work and bespoke training and effective information cascade;
- Develop proactive health and wellbeing related initiatives and campaigns
- Chair the H&S committee and oversee performance of delegated H&S responsibilities
- Ongoing identification of hazards & risks to NSF, employees, associates, and visitors and to develop programmes and interventions to reduce the risk exposure
- Carry out regular reviews to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Maintain records of inspection findings, accidents / near misses and other health or safety concerns and producing reports and investigation findings that identify areas for improvement;
- Manage the use of onsite contractors, remote workers and sub-contractor responsibilities;
- Develop positive revenue streams by identifying and delivering health and wellness technical services to clients to include but not limited to health & safety, Fire Safety, other related areas audits, coaching and training
- Perform other duties as requests.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in health and safety or equivalent e.g. NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety; British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health; City & Guilds Level 5 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice; National Compliance and Risk Qualifications (NCRQ) Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations
- Negotiating skills to convince of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organization
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to understand and interpret complex information and present it simply and accurately
- An investigative mind
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and broad approach to pro active safety and wellness management
- Be able to engage with employees, both office and field based, to encourage active participation by them in safety management
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A flexible approach to work
- IT skills (Including intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The Benefits Package
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
With excellent opportunities to develop NSF International is the perfect choice for you to build you career. Why not click apply today and become our Health and Wellness Manager – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity.