A leading international logistics company is seeking a Health & Safety 'change agent' to engage senior stakeholders and warehouse operatives to turnaround safety culture at one of their Greater Manchester sites. This is a great opportunity for you to take ownership over a new role and to work in a thriving safety team. This is initially a single site role, but will include two additional sites as the role progresses.
- Managing safety within a warehouse/logistics facility including
- Promotion and implementation of safety culture
- Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work
- Policy development
- Safety Briefs and meetings
- Accident investigation
- Production and presentation of company safety inductions
- Safety Conversations with staff including drivers
- Managing facilities including budget, arrangement of all repairs and statutory maintenance
- Office, warehouse and yard safety audits and corrective and preventative actions
- Promotion of Near Miss and Hazard Reporting
- Co-ordination of maintenance including dilapidation
- Health & Safety experience in a warehousing environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5.
- OHSAS 18001 experience or qualification.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 desirable.
- Experience working using 5S methodology desirable.