Event Safety Advisor
Event Safety Advisor
★ HornerSalus is looking for a new employee to join our fantastic team of Event Safety Consultants in central London.
HornerSalus is a specialist event safety consultancy who provide pragmatic, realistic and common sense advice and services to companies, venues and individuals within the event / design / hospitality / film & creative industries. We regularly work on some of the capitals most exciting and demanding projects and rarely are two days ever the same.
Based in a magnificent building in Holborn you’ll be in a friendly working environment where you will carry out event safety advisory duties such as:
- Assisting in composing and implementing solutions to H&S challenges for proposed events and in the workplace.
- Conducting feasibility reports, capacity studies, H&S audits, on-site inspections and general reporting.
- Liaison with contractors, suppliers and venues to ensure management and implementation of safety procedures.
- Supporting production of event safety plans, risk assessments, emergency planning and fire risk assessments.
- Presenting bespoke H&S training programs to event industry clients.
- Assisting clients with ISO implementation (9001/14001/45001/20121).
- Preparing and presenting H&S updates to the business.
- Working at live events in a Event Safety Officer capacity
- In addition you will be assisting on projects, dealing with enquiries, building job files, attending meetings and site visits and providing assistance for our senior consultants.
Candidates invited to interview can expect to answer competency, technical and scenario based questions to demonstrate ability, likability, and drive.
Initial 3 month probation period leading to a full time permanent position.
This role is defined by a mutual collaboration between hard working individuals and the Director.
A competitive salary for the right candidate; £35-£45k dependant on experience
A conscientious and rule-bound individual with a strong sense of diplomacy.
An excellent head for organisation and problem solving.
Very good written and spoken English language skills.
Working simultaneously on multiple project files we require excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Mac computer and software knowledge is advantageous.
Would suit a hard working and competent multi-tasker who thrives in an often pressured and fast paced role.
Desired Skills and Experience
Diploma qualified in a relevant field. (or working towards this; evidence required)
NEBOSH General Certificate or higher expected.
Food hygiene training/qualification a bonus.
Experience of event safety delivery, pre event and on-site.
General knowledge of events and in particular live-events, exhibitions, venues and contractors. 2+ years experience.
We will consider Applicants with limited experience as long as you have the qualities in the areas above
Excellent understanding of risk assessments, emergency plans, event safety plans, fire risk assessments and method statements.
Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
IT literacy and ability to present clearly and confidently to management.
Experience, skill and accuracy in developing clear processes and drafting high quality procedural documents.
Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach.
Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is essential.
Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively.
Employ the highest standards of practice to deliver optimum results at all times.
Ability to treat high level information with the strictest of confidence at all times.
We can only accept Candidates that have Legal Status to work in the UK.