Health & Safety Manager
The role will be working across a fast-paced supply-chain environment where you will be tasked with developing and maintaining a positive HSE culture. Working with colleagues at all levels at their food manufacturing/ warehouse facility in Buckinghamshire with some travel to the company's warehouse facility in Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of team, where you will be reporting into the Head of H&S, who will create a Health & Safety framework for a FTSE top 250 brand. It will suit an individual with the ability to influence and engage others.
- Provision of a health and safety point of contact for all colleagues, visitors and contractors, ensuring inductions and training compliance across the site.
- Provision of high-quality proactive support and coaching on all health and safety matters to ensure compliance through adoption of all relevant policies and processes to maintain a safe and legal working environment.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Deliver and assist in the development of safety-related training packages and guidelines to enable effective implementation of changes in company activities, strategy and policy.
- Drive culture of continuous improvement ensuring agreed departmental targets are achieved and exceeded whilst managing costs and performance in line with budgets and mitigating variances.
- Effective Project Management, as and when required to be delivered on time and within budget, to add value to the effectiveness of Health and Safety across the broader business
- Complete and regularly review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager to supervise the day to day budget for the facilities department and provide regular analysis of cost-effectiveness to the Head of HSE and Facilities
- Identify opportunities to improve, expand or deliver cost efficiencies to senior management in respect of the company's property portfolio.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Prior experience working in a supply chain or food manufacturing environment.
- Experience and understanding of working to ISO accreditation.
- Train-the-trainer or PTTLS certificate
- HACCP certificate.
- Previous experience of implementing Health & Safety structure into an organisation.