Health & Safety Officer
A fantastic opportunity has arose to join a leading higher education organisation in Warwick- an organisation who are consistently topping UK league tables and top of the research league tables. They are seeking a Health and Safety Officer to work as part of a wider team of 5, leading Health and Safety for one of the most exciting departments. They are at the forefront on innovative research and development and partner with leading manufacturing organisations across the world to provide cutting edge evolution in their respective fields.
You will work with key departments and stakeholders to support and empower them to understand their responsibility when it comes to health and safety. You will work with them in a pragmatic way to create solutions that work for them and allow them to continue to lead the way in their field, not putting barriers in the way. You will support and facilitate the completion of a variety of risk assessments including manual handling, work equipment, COSHH, DSEAR and first aid. You will deliver health and safety inspection and audits as well as deliver training programmes. This is an ever changing and evolving role in a forward thinking organisation so you will help out the wider team and have exposure to more than just this department.
You must have:
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
• Be a member of IOSH or be willing to become a member.
• Varied background with exposure to different types of risk such as Consultancy, Manufacturing, R & D, Engineering to name a few.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You must be:
• A team player and someone who will work with people to come up with solutions, not hold their hand.
• A confident outgoing, people person.
• Well spoken, assertive but resilient.
• Able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity please give Aisling Reid a call on 0121 454 5000 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org