Acre are keen to speak with health and safety professionals with construction and refurbishment experience, particularly rooftop conversion knowledge, that have a passion for engaging the workforce around safety.
Our client is one of the UK's leading providers of regeneration services working in a diverse range of markets including community regeneration, repairs, maintenance and housing development. As part of this businesses continued growth, they are bringing on board a new SHEQ Advisor. This position will join a large and experienced team who are tasked with driving the safety agenda and fostering a positive safety culture. The SHEQ Advisor will work around a number of projects in the London area making sure that all operational teams are supported with the health & safety guidance and support required.
The position holder will be responsible for:
* Responding to requests for advice in the regards to H&S expertise, proactively engaging and influencing people in regard to SHEQ
* Proactively working with the operational team during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
* Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
This position requires experience within the construction or refurbishment sectors, with a good understanding of rooftop and high-rise conversions. The successful applicant will be self-driven and motivated, as they will have a large amount of autonomy on a day to day basis.
They should also have:
* NEBOSH Cert / NVQ Level 3 / NCRQ Level 6 or equivalent as a minimum
* TechIOSH, ideally working towards GradIOSH
* Excellent communication and good listening skills
* Proven ability to train and coach stakeholders
This SHEQ Advisor position is an excellent opportunity to move into a responsible role within an industry leading contractor with excellent prospects for progression. If you are interested in this position, please do apply.