Health and Safety Manager (Principal Contractor)
Health and Safety Manager | London | £40,000 to £50,000 plus car & benefits
We have been engaged by a Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture across a portfolio of mixed use development projects in London.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, innovative health and safety professional who is looking to further develop and grow their career with a leader in the construction industry.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Leading on health and safety and engaging with the workforce across sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry
- Minimum of NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders at different levels
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of high-end developments, with a well-known principal contractor. For further details and to apply please contact Lisa Toms on or 01923 432 635
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.