Environment and Sustainability Manager
Acre are delighted to be working with one of the UK's most successful construction companies to identify an exceptional Environment and Sustainability Manager for a 12-month fixed term contract. This is a regional role, covering a great variety of projects across the South East/West of England, which will enable an extremely diverse and interesting workload. The company are focused on being an industry-leader in environmental and sustainability performance, so this is a great chance to work in a role with significant scope and importance.
- Providing advice and support to project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental and sustainability responsibilities
- Coordinating and delivering environmental training and raising awareness on key issues across teams
- Liaising with external parties (Local Authorities, Environmental Agency etc.) as required
- Supporting on the delivery of BREEAM and other key certifications and initiatives across the projects
This is a fantastic chance to take ownership for Environmental and Sustainability performance across an entire region , so we are looking for individuals who can effectively manage and prioritise their own workload. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, however the wider Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety team are very collaborative and supportive, so this is a fantastic team to be working within. There will be lots of opportunities to influence improved environmental performance across the business, so we are looking for a candidate who is forward-thinking and ready to challenge others.
- Degree in appropriate Environmental course or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in construction sector
- Practitioner Membership of IEMA or equivalent
- Experience in green certification schemes (BREEAM, CEEQUAL etc.)
- Capacity to engage with and influence senior stakeholders
This opportunity is brilliant chance to display leadership skills, so if you are looking to stretch yourself and take on new challenges it will be a great move for you. We are anticipating significant interest in this role, so if you are interested please don't hesitate to apply.