Head of SHEQ
Acre is delighted to be working with a growing London-based construction firm to identify an experienced Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ). The successful candidate will be responsible for all SHEQ matters on the delivery of multiple refurbishment and new build construction projects across London and the South East. Reporting into the Construction Director, the Head of SHEQ will lead a small team establishing effective SHEQ processes and systems, and driving forward SHEQ performance across a variety of construction projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on all aspects of SHEQ with direct responsibility for the SHEQ team
- Promoting a positive culture and continual improvement of SHEQ standards throughout the company
- Leading the development and implementation of all SHEQ systems and documentation
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Planning and co-ordinating the Safety Leadership Team to ensure employee consultation, feedback opportunities and effective dissemination of new procedures and initiatives
- Collaborating with the Business Leadership Team during tendering, planning and pre-construction stages to advise on all SHEQ welfare matters and training requirements
This position will suit an experienced SHEQ professional, with a background in the construction or refurbishment sectors. The successful person will also have experience of managing and developing a small team of SHEQ professionals.
They will also have:
- GradIOSH status at a minimum, preferably Chartered
- NEBOSH / NVQ / NCRQ Diploma
- Extensive knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001
- Excellent communication, engagement and leadership skills
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to drive improvements and performance for a reputable and ambitious construction business. If you feel you have the necessary experience, then please don't hesitate to apply.