Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
3 days left
Reporting to the Site Manager you will effectively manage and drive the safety & environmental agendas, to ensure that all personnel are operating in a safe and legally compliant environment. As the business continues to grow and invest you will play a key part in CAPEX projects and play a key part in driving cultural change through Continuous Improvement techniques with the aim to be best in class in Health, Safety and Environment. You will maintain systems with the plan to achieve and maintain ISO 18001 accreditation & maintain ISO14001 accreditation. Together with Department Managers, develop and maintain behavioural systems to reduce chronic issues. To be a point of reference to the business for the health and safety & environmental ISO systems and their statutory requirements.
- Achieving and maintaining ISO 18001 & maintaining ISO 14001 through the operating teams and Department managers.
- Attend the Health and Safety committee meetings and provide appropriate performance KPIs. Prepare and display KPIs on performance boards, showing all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental performance. Prepare minutes and action points
- Manage the various elements of the health, safety & environmental budget to agreed costs. Make recommendations for capital spend
- Investigate all LTA and high potential accidents. Be a point of reference to the operational teams on incident and accident investigation. Report major Health, Safety & Environmental issues to Departmental Managers
- Conduct specific planned audits and inspections in respect to the agreed standards within the Health, Safety & Environmental systems. Instigate any remedial action necessary and liaise closely with all Line Managers
- Direct responsibility for ensuring personnel are trained in issues relating to Health, Safety and Environmental. Shared accountability for the Health, Safety & Environmental of all personnel on the Crediton Dairy site. Establish and facilitate Health, Safety and Environmental improvement teams
- Manage the site Risk Assessments Program, including COSHH assessments and generate actions to close out any sub- standard conditions. Mitigate all risks on a temporary basis if necessary. Own the system
- Liaise closely with Occupational Health Advisor and Unite Safety representatives
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven track record in Health, Safety and Environmental management, preferably within a FMCG manufacturing sector
- Previous experience of maintaining ISO management systems
- NEBOSH qualification or similar
- Strong ICT skills to include Microsoft Office packages particularly Excel (essential), PowerPoint (essential)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) including being comfortable when presenting to internal audiences
Crediton Dairy is one of the UK’s leading dairy drinks businesses producing a comprehensive range of fresh flavoured and functional chilled milk drinks, iced coffee drinks and long life milks & creams. Located in the heart of Devon, they are dedicated to producing great tasting dairy products made from British milk supplied by their group of local, family-run, dairy farms.
They’re independently owned, financially strong, growing rapidly and continue to heavily invest in the business. From retailer own-label to their fast-growing Moo Milk brand you’ll find Crediton Dairy products in over 13,500 food retail stores nationwide. They’re also a leading supplier of milks and creams across the foodservice and wholesale sectors. But they aren’t stopping there and they’re working on exciting new product innovations and formats to move the dairy drinks category forward.
All of this comes from their dairy situated in the middle of Devon, a county which is of course synonymous with dairy farming and great tasting dairy products and at Crediton Dairy they’re incredibly proud to be continuing this tradition. If you want to be part of this successful and growing business and consider yourself to be a good fit for this role please send your CV application to our retained search consultant Simon Owens email@example.com.
In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Apply for Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly