Health, Safety & CDM Advisor
The ideal candidate will have broad experience gained in a Construction health & safety consultancy environment, with excellent client facing skills and a strong technical health and safety background. We are looking for a confident, well organised professional, diligent and commercially aware individual who can be an integral team member but also able to work independently when required.
The role will see the candidate essentially acting as a Health & Safety Advisor to Principal Designer so they must have experience in acting as a CDM Advisor/Principal Designer previously and have good all round knowledge of the current CDM and associated Health & Safety Legislation.
Experience and knowledge of working in a variety of sectors including retail, banking, residential and commercial projects would be advantageous. Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 (soon to be 45001) will be advantageous.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to-
* Fulfilling the role as a professional and diligent Health and Safety/CDM advisor/Principal Designer
* Engaging with clients on a face to face basis
* Providing support and assistance with matters of Health & Safety including compliance with CDM 2015 regulations
* Providing professional and pragmatic advice on Health and Safety issues
* Investigate Health and Safety accidents and incidents to ascertain root cause and develop mitigation action plans to eliminate the root cause / causes.
* Providing regular reports to clients on Health & Safety matters relating to projects
* Providing advice, direct support and guidance on construction safety matters
* Acting in the role of CDM Advisor/Principal Designer on projects which range from simple refurbishments to high-end complicated construction projects
* Experience of providing input with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions
* Developing and auditing health and safety management systems
* Managing, developing, implementing and co-ordinating a range of proactive Health and Safety initiatives.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, good working environment and a varied and interesting range of project work. A full, clean driving license is required as the role will involve travelling to various sites nationally.
For more information call Dominic Jacques on 02079602551