Fire Safety Manager
Fire Safety Manager
Health and Safety Unit
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a high performing team with a strong emphasis on continuing professional development and dedicated to delivering innovative fire safety solutions. You will be working in a diverse environment that is both rewarding and challenging. You will be supporting teaching and research excellence and your work will underpin an outstanding student safety experience.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Health and Safety, you will be responsible for advising the University on fire safety strategy, evacuation and emergency planning activities. Supported by a Fire Safety Adviser and Fire Safety Support Officer you will also work closely with colleagues within the Estate and Facilities Management department, professional service departments and academic schools ensuring a co-ordinated approach and the achievement of a positive fire safety culture.
Your competency in fire safety management will be evident through your extensive experience and qualifications, which will include advising on fire safety for complex buildings and student accommodation. A consultative and facilitative style of service delivery, combined with good influencing and motivating skills, and the ability to plan and manage projects and workloads will be essential to this role.
- A highly-motivated and experienced fire safety professional
- Core skills competent
- Capacity to build partnerships and learning networks
- Resilient and resourceful
- The ability to enhance engagement with fire safety
- Possesses outstanding communication, leadership and motivational skills
- Evidence of significant qualifications or training in fire safety and emergency planning matters and membership of relevant professional body.
- Deliver high quality, integrated solutions
- Advise on a full range of general and specific areas within the education and research sector
- Shape and implement the fire safety strategy
- Compliance and standards focused
For more information and an informal discussion contact: Occupational Safety and Health Services 01273 643144
The University offers a generous relocation allowance up to £8K. To read more about the benefits of working for the University please click on the link: https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/working-with-us/jobs/benefits-and-facilities.aspx
Job sharers welcome.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 June 2018