Acre is delighted to be working with a boutique, London-based construction firm to identify an Environmental Manager. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for all environmental matters within the business and its projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but vibrant business who have an excellent reputation in the new-build and refurbishment sectors.
Reporting into the Head of SHEQ for the business, the Environmental Manager will join a small but established team in helping to develop and implement effective environmental processes and systems, and driving forward environmental and quality performance across the organisation.
- Helping to promote a positive culture and continual improvement of environmental standards throughout the company
- Providing advice and support to management and operational teams on environmental & sustainability related matters, monitor satisfactory resolution of environmental issues
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, sustainable procurement, environmental health, conservation & renewable energy
- Conducting risk based SHEQ audits programme, issuing reports to local & senior management to ensure that projects are being managed appropriately, ensuring that actions are taken as directed
- Maintaining environmental & document control administrative systems and procedures for and assist with their integration where appropriate
This person must be an engaging environmental professional with a background in the construction sector. The successful person will also be driven, with a passion for environmental matters and an eagerness to learn and develop.
- Strong knowledge of environmental management
- Previous experience within a construction, civils or infrastructure environment
- Environmental degree or equivalent qualification
- IEMA Membership
- Good knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO9001
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to take the lead on environmental performance for a specialist construction business with a great reputation. If you feel you have the necessary experience then please apply.
Apply for Environmental Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly