Fire Safety Officer
Acre has been engaged by an established property management company to identify a new Fire Safety Officer. Based at one of their flagship shopping centres in Manchester, you will be tasked with providing retail-specific fire safety support and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
You'll be responsible for:
- Maintaining fire safety standards and ensuring full fire safety compliance throughout the Centre
- Advising management teams, tenants and other staff in fire safety-related matters
- Facilitating and delivering fire training for all staff
- Ensuring readiness and compliance for all fire safety provisions, e.g. sprinkler systems, firefighting equipment and escape routes
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments, liaising with authorities, and taking ownership of fire strategy to continue furthering best practice
You'll need experience of fire safety, to have worked with fire legislation, and understand how it applies within retail or high foot-fall environments. You should also have great communications skills and enjoy providing a first-class customer experience.
To suceed, you'll need:
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- Experience of Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Arrangements
- Experience of retail or high-footfall environments
- Able to consult and advise on fire safety considerations at design stage of commercial construction and refurbishment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to work with a variety of audiences
- Ideally, membership of IOSH and the Institute of Fire Engineers
If you're looking for a new Fire Safety position in Manchester, and excited about the prospect of working for an industry leading property owner, then please don't hesitate - get in touch now!