Health and Safety Advisor
7 days left
Acre are proud to be partnering with Cory Riverside Energy - a pioneering resource management, recycling and energy recovery business committed to providing London with a safe, secure, affordable and sustainable energy supply to hire a Health and Safety Advisor.
Cory Riverside Energy operate the largest Energy from Waste (EfW) plant in the UK from the banks of the River Thames. Every year they process circa 750000 tonnes of London's waste, generating over 525,000 MWh of sustainable energy to power 160,000 homes. For the past century they have transported waste and materials along London's natural highway (the Thames) their modern fleet of 89 tugs and barges currently keep 100,000 truck movements off the streets of London every year; reducing congestion, greenhouse gas emissions and mitigating toxic air pollution which plagues the capital. The business is committed to developing London's circular economy and recycle all possible byproducts from the incineration process to be used in construction and infrastructure materials.
The Risk and Compliance team forms an integral part of the Cory Riverside Energy business and they are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to support this team on a 12-month fixed term contract (FTC). This is a fantastic opportunity to get exposure to a variety of industrial operations including: power generation, automated sorting of recyclables, marine operations/logistics, operation of an existing and construction of a new boatyard and shipbuilding facility.
On a day to day basis you can expect to be involved in a variety of key activities:
- Conducting site inspections and assisting with health and safety audits
- Delivering toolbox talks and training to individuals from across the different operations
- Liaising with other members of the Risk and Compliance team in meetings to set the strategy for the team
- Providing coaching and advice on health and safety best practice
- Engaging with employees and contractors to understand the risks they face in their daily roles and facilitate them in understanding how to mitigate these risks to themselves and others
This is a brilliant opportunity to work within a close-knit, well-established team in the business. Cory Riverside Energy are committed to supporting the professional development of their people and will ensure you are upskilled in any areas of the role which you have not experienced in previous roles.
The key attributes to make a success of the role are:
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate or equivalent qualifications
- Capacity to adapt your approach in different scenarios
- Ability to display leadership and resilience
- Relationship building skills and the ability to engage with people on a personal basis
- A mature approach and willingness to learn
Opportunities to get exposure to this variety of heavy industrial processes are very few and far between in London, so if you would like to explore this exciting opportunity with and truly unique company, please apply or get in touch as soon as possible.
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly