Acre are proud to be partnering with Cory Riverside Energy - a pioneering resource management, recycling and energy recovery business committed to providing London with a safe, secure, affordable and sustainable energy supply to hire an Environmental Advisor.
Cory Riverside Energy operate the largest Energy from Waste (EfW) plant in the UK from the banks of the River Thames. Every year they process circa 750000 tonnes of London's waste, generating over 525,000 MWh of sustainable energy - enough to power 160,000 homes. For the past century they have transported waste and materials along London's natural highway (the Thames) their modern fleet of 89 tugs and barges currently keep 100,000 truck movements off the streets of London every year; reducing congestion, greenhouse gas emissions and mitigating toxic air pollution which plagues the capital. The business is committed to developing London's circular economy and recycles all possible byproducts from the incineration process to be used in construction and infrastructure materials.
The Risk and Compliance team forms an integral part of the Cory Riverside Energy business and they are looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor for a 12-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be based in their impressive Riverside Resource Recovery EfW plant in Belvedere on the south bank of the Thames. This is a fantastic opportunity to get exposure to a variety of heavy industrial operations including: power generation, automated sorting of recyclables, marine operations/logistics, operation of an existing and construction of a new boatyard and shipbuilding facility.
On a day-to-day basis you can expect to be involved in a variety of key activities:
- Monitoring the organisation's environmental performance by conducting essential data collection and analysis
- Managing the operation's environmental permits
- Liaising with the Environment Agency and other local authorities
- Maintaining Cory Riverside Energy's ISO14001-compliant Environment Management System
- Auditing and inspecting the different operations along the Thames
Sustainability and the environment are at the very heart of Cory Riverside Energy business, so it is imperative that the operations of the business not only comply with environmental law and regulations but continuously strive for innovation and improvement. Cory Riverside Energy are committed to supporting the professional development of their people and will ensure you are upskilled in any areas of the role which you have not experienced in previous roles.
The key attributes to make a success of the role are:
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant environmental field
- AIEMA or MCIWM status
- Experience operating and managing an ISO14001-compliant EMS
- Good understanding of legislation and documentation related to waste management (knowledge of environmental permits would be extremely beneficial)
- a mature, pragmatic approach to solving problems and developing solutions.
- Background working in a regulated industry
Opportunities to get exposure to this variety of heavy industrial processes are very few and far between in London, so if you would like to explore this exciting Environmental Advisor opportunity with a truly unique company, please apply or get in touch as soon as possible.