Environmental Advisor - Northern Home Counties
Acre is proud to be partnering exclusively with a leading FTSE 250 Infrastructure organisation and as such is looking to speak with Environmental Advisors from across the civils, utilities and waste management sectors, located between Oxfordshire and Essex.
Due to growth, our client is expanding their environmental team. You will provide professional advice to support the business to identify and control its environmental risks. Alongside this, you will ensure the business is aware of its legal duties in relation to environmental legislation, monitor environmental compliance, and policy adherence.
As someone with environmental experience from a relatable industry, you will assist environmental managers to plan, produce, implement and review the organisations Environmental Management System (EMS).
You will also be responsible for:
- Supporting the business to investigate incidents, including technical advice and guidance to identify root cause and practical actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Keeping records of findings of inspections and producing reports that promote best practice and focus on risk reduction
- Ensuring that the functional managers within the business understand their responsibilities for managing the environmental impact of their operations
- Monitoring, reviewing and recommending system improvements driven by information using leading indicators, leadership skills and core values and competencies
To be considered for this position, you must be:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental subject
- Experienced in an Environmental Advisor/Coordinator role, with a focus on maintaining an EMS
- An excellent organiser, with the ability to work under high pressure environments
- A strong verbal and written communicator
This position represents an excellent opportunity to join a growing team for a well-known FTSE 250 business. If you have the relevant experienced detailed above, please don't hesitate to apply today.