Health and Safety Manager - Retail
Part of a team of three, reporting to the Head of Safety, you will be the ambassador for Health and Safety across this company’s stores UK wide. This is a newly created role and you are joining the business at a time or significant strategic change. In addition to the basic salary, this company is able to offer access to their on-site Health and Fitness centre as well as seating at local sporting venues.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health, ensuring adherence and regular review and communication of all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas of health, safety and welfare at work and has appropriate protective and preventative measures in place within its stores.
- Coordinate the development of health and safety policies, safe systems of work and procedures and ensure the completion of tasks.
- The completion and review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- All accidents are documented and investigated as appropriate and any identified improvements are implemented.
- Ensure that a planned programme of safety inspections and audits is carried out and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure documented Health and Safety and Food Safety Management Systems are accurately updated and maintained and that legislative requirements are met.
- Organise and carry out HS training and ensure that any statutory requirements relating to HS training are met throughout the business.
- Arrange, chair, formulate and distribute minutes for the health and safety committee meetings and ensure all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Ensure that all customer and employee complaints are investigated and resolved.
- Liaise and respond to operational managers, insurance companies and legal representatives queries, resolve Health and Safety issues and personal injury claims.
- Create and monitor Health and Safety reports.
- To assist colleagues as and when required.
- Other duties in accordance with THE role and within remit of skill base.
- NEBOSH Diploma/NCRQ or equivalent.
- A relevant food safety qualification is an advantage.
- Commercial awareness – to understand the business needs and requirements equally amongst other considered factors.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a health and safety advisory or compliance role preferably in a retail environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health and safety environment.
Reference: MR - 12287