HSE Advisor - Didcot, Oxfordshire, with multi-site travel. £40-£45k+package - excellent opportunity to join a world-renowned company in the energy/infrastructure sector.
Key Accountabilities:Support and operate in all areas and at all levels to promote a positive health and safety cultureSupport HSE and Quality Managers to maintain ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000 CertificationProvision of HSSE support on operational projects (Global Operations)Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring effective HSEQ Management SystemMaintain knowledge of current legislative, statutory and sector HSE requirementsRaise awareness and promote the corporate HSE culture and objectivesProvide advice and support to senior / department managers and operativesReview incidents, identify corrective / preventive actions and ensure adequacy of the close out.Facilitate the collection, monitoring and reporting of HSE statistics and monthly reporting to Business Unit Management and HSE Manager.Support line management to investigate incidents and where directed undertake the investigation / lead the investigation team.Complete and support the reporting and close-out of actions, audits, investigation in line with reporting standards.Verify and maintain compliance with internal and external HSE requirements.Support project management with the development/review of project documentation and client interface.Develop and deliver HSE training courses.Develop generic risk assessments and undertake task / project risk analysisUndertake drugs and alcohol random and/or for cause screening.Undertake active occupational monitoring i.e. noise, vibration, COSHH etc within the workplace.Carry out site/project/workshops inspections and compliance audits and monitor the closeout of non-conformances.Monitor energy, waste data and maintain environmental records.Carry out site/project/workshops inspections and management compliance audits.Support the Business Management System Manager in verification and maintenance of the Quality management systems.
Professional HSE qualifications
- NEBOSH General certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma orkeeness to work towards
- TechIOSH, working towards Grad/CMIOSH or equivalent membership of a recognizable & professional HSE body
Skills / experience required to do the job:
- Experience within an HSE Advisor`s position
- Experience within a civil engineering, geotechnical, geo-environmental and/or construction sectors.
- Proficient understanding of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Excellent communicator and able to build effective working relationships at all levels throughout the business, our clients and external authorities.
- Provide reliable advice, guidance and assistance to site-based project teams, including senior and line management and influence all key stakeholders.
- Able to challenge poor practice and recommend cost effective solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Publisher)
- A UK driving license and passport will be required to hold this post.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy