Health and Safety Advisor - Waste Management
One of London's leading waste management and recycling companies is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to support their H&S Manager as the company continues to grow. This opportunity will suit someone with a minimum of two years' health and safety experience in the waste, heavy haulage, construction, distribution, transport, or closely related sectors. This is a family run business with many loyal customers and an excellent staff retention rate.
- Undertake audits, risk assessments and inspections to demonstrate compliance with company systems and compile reports to detail system improvements and corrective actions.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and safe systems of work in relation to the company’s activities.
- Deliver training to all levels of staff throughout the company to ensure compliance with best practice and legislation.
- Induction and training of all new members of staff.
- Investigate and report on accidents and near misses, identifying causes and agreed actions in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- Strong presence with the ability to encourage and strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of Health, Safety and Quality systems.
- Cover for the H&S Manager in periods of absence.
- Minimum of NEBOSH Certification
- IOSH Member
- Quality and Environmental Certification an advantage but not essential
- Well-developed IT and communication skills
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a previous hands-on Health & Safety role
- Previous experience in a High Risk environment is essential, preferably the Waste Recycling or Construction sector to include Heavy Haulage.
Reference: MR - 11756