Environment Manager (12 month FTC)
Acre are delighted to be working with a growing FMCG business to identify an Environment Manager for a 12-month contract (FTC). The company are currently in a fantastic market position, having expanded their total sales beyond €1.2bn in 2017. This role is going to be focused on a major new site in Cambridgeshire. The business is aiming to achieve a "gold-standard" in environmental practice, set by a major UK retail outlet, and this role is going to be instrumental in the pursuit of this certification.
- Helping to promote a positive culture and continual improvement of environmental standards throughout the company
- Providing advice and support to management and operational teams on environmental & sustainability related matters, monitoring any resolutions of environmental issues
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring the organisation's recently developed ISO14001 accredited Environmental Management System is expertly implemented, with a particular focus on preparing for external audits
- Managing a process of updating the organisation's policies and procedures to meet best-in-class environment/sustainability goals
The organisation is committed to acting as a leading light in the FMCG supply chain in environmental practice, so this is a great opportunity to join an enlightened business. The successful candidate will need to be dynamic and adaptable, as they will be liaising closely with senior internal and external stakeholders, while also championing the environmental message with junior operatives.
- Strong knowledge of environmental management and ISO14001
- Previous experience within a fast-paced industrial environment
- Environmental degree or equivalent qualification
- IEMA Membership
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the lead on environmental performance for a business who are looking to invest in this space and make a difference. If you feel you have the right level of experience and ambition for the role, please do not hesitate to apply.