To provide HS&E support and advice within Onshore Wind and Innogy Renewables UK Ltd. Supporting the business unit at varying stages from development to construction and through to O&M. To assist in the maintenance and development of the Onshore Wind and Innogy Renewables health, safety and environmental management system. Provide advice on all aspects of European/UK/Irish health and safety legislation, ACOP’s and guidance to the Onshore Wind business unit. To improve the health and safety culture of both employees and contractors, through both pro-active and reactive means.
This role will require significant national and international travel. Two new HSE Advisor vacancies; One of the appointees must have experience in Irish HSE legislation.
Duties / Tasks
- Review, revise and write HSE policies and procedures
- Conducting audits and site inspections.
- Develop and maintain an audit system to ensure non-conformances are closed out and trends can be identified.
- Maintain 18001 accreditation; including assisting the external auditors
- Train staff on an adhoc basis.
- Maintain and monitor the company’s database systems (Risk Assessment, Incident reporting, Safety Management System, PPE etc.)
- Produce, review and manage Safety Information Notices, Lessons Learnt and Safety Alerts.
- Being proactive and promoting a positive health and safety culture, provide strong and consistent safety leadership, including reward and recognition e.g. H&S awards (ROSPA).
- Produce H&S monthly reports, including monitoring health and safety key performance indicators.
- Provide H&S advice and support for staff and management of various different departments informing them of company procedures, current legislative needs as well as approved codes of practice H&S guidance and industry standards
- Attend internal and external meetings as the health and safety representative for Innogy Renewables Onshore Wind.
- Accident investigation; To assist and review health and safety incidents and where required act as part of a RCA investigation team.
- Produce regular Safety Campaigns
- Provide health and safety contractor management throughout the project lifecycle
- Co-operation and coordination with Innogy SE central functional HSE teams
Required skills and experience
- Development and advancement of current policies / procedures
- Review current systems and policies / procedures
- Ensuring health and safety records are current, and compliant with current legislation.
- Keeping the company up to date with current changes in legislation
- Ensuring that company policy / procedures and standards are met
- To give advice and guidance on all aspects of Health & Safety to the different business units in order to ensure regulatory compliance and industry best practice are met.
- To train staff and management in Health and Safety.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent Occupational Safety Qualification as a minimum.
- Experience of working in a safety supervisor and/or safety management role
- Thorough knowledge and experience of development, implementation and maintenance of HSE policies, plans, procedures and reporting methods
- Trained to UK/EU/International Standards and ISO 14001/18001, development and implementation to these standards.
- Able to lead corporate due diligence programs (qualified auditor) and accident / incident investigations (RCA awareness).
- Pragmatic and practical approach to challenge resolution
- Demonstrates good organisational, interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong planning, organising and co-ordinating skills
- An in-depth knowledge of principal health & safety UK and European legislation inclusive of a broad knowledge of maritime law.
- Highly effective relationship builder at all levels – internally and externally with contractors, partners and government agencies.
- Experience of working in an international context
- Practical crisis management experience
- Prior experience gained in a HSE advisory role (minimum 3 years), including construction and O&M experience, preferably within the wind sector
- Developing/implementing HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Able to take part / lead internal audits and incident investigations
- HAZOPS, HAZID and Risk Assessment competence
- Accident / Incident Investigation competence
- Adept at Planning, Organising and Coordinating
- Experience of MS Office + HSE standards/Programmes
- Experience of working in an international context
Why you should apply
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
Salary and package details
Up to £50K + Excellent benefits
Up to 15% Bonus
Up to 15% pension
Car Allowance – car is essential
Family Private Medical Cover
Flexible working approach including opportunity to job share
innogy SE is Germany’s leading energy company, with revenue of around €44 billion (2016), more than 40,000 employees and activities in 16 countries across Europe. With its three business segments Grid & Infrastructure, Retail and Renewables, innogy addresses the requirements of a modern, decarbonised, decentralised and digital energy world.
With an installed capacity of more than 900 megawatts in offshore wind and with over 1900 megawatts in onshore wind, innogy is one of the major renewable energy operators in Europe.
The UK renewables business is innogy’s second largest operational market and central to its continued growth plans. We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate and invest millions each year as part of our community funds. innogy’s goal is to create a sustainable energy system that leaves an environment worth living for future generations – and the basis is energy from renewable sources.
Please apply directly or contact Lisa Phillips email@example.com for more information on the role
Closing date for this role will be 30/08/18. Interviews will take place in Sep