Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor - construction
Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor - Leeds - major civil engineering contractor working on large construction frameworks, mainly civil engineering projects within the Yorkshire region (from North Yorkshire down to the East Midlands) - £35k-£45k+package (car or car allowance, pension, healthcare).
Excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional with construction/civil engineering experience to join a major civil engineering company with operations across the UK, with a work-life balance focus and excellent reputation for looking after staff and training and development.
* Advise site on Project-specific health, safety and environment issues.
* Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents.
* Ensure that site teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and Company standards.
* Undertake monitoring of the health, safety and the environment processes.
* Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures.
* Develop and maintain a 'continuous improvement' ethos in the approach to health, safety and environmental issues.
* Ensure site based management are focused on delivering a safe and healthy working environment.
* Working with senior managers and/or directors on the development and implementation of divisional level strategies for improvement
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
* Raise awareness on SHE and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
Prospective applicants will have relevant experience in the construction industry, and a NEBOSH qualification ideally at Diploma level or equivalent, and membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (minimum TechIOSH, ideally Grad/Chartered Status)
NEBOSH Construction/general cert (minimum)
NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ L5 in OHAS (desired)
Up to date knowledge of construction safety legislation in relation to SHE
Operation of an OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 based system
Relevant construction sector experience
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy