EHS Implementation Director
Acre is excited to be working with one of the world's most famous brands. Right now we are seeking an expert in EHS, a true leader with the ability to navigate and collaborate internally and externally with key stakeholders to drive change. The EHS Director will deploy and implement a robust EHS strategy with external stakeholders (i.e. contracted factories) throughout the APAC region. This role is part of the Manufacturing and Engineering team and will work closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across the region. This role is looking beyond compliance and developing a sustainable, best-practice EHS program.
Additionally, you will track progress against EHS performance metrics and regularly report progress against key indicators. The position will report to the Labor Director in Singapore.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead global deployment of Sustainable EHS strategies. Support the corporate HQ in the US in creation of strategies and lead engagement to field execution work
- Apply expert level professional EHS knowledge and skills; utilize this knowledge to build capabilities of field consultants and manufacturing suppliers' teams
- Collaborate / partner with key stakeholders and business units to align on EHS needs and objectives
- Inspire ownership of factory capability development and achievement of performance targets by engaging and influencing key leaders
- Lead coordination of the EHS team to develop sharing of best practices
- Understand EHS best practices and trends to communicate the implications of risks on the supply chain
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious, forward-thinking and dynamic team and truly create impactful change in the APAC region.
Additional qualifications and skills required include:
- Previous people management experience, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, and experience with Apparel and Footwear industries preferred
- Strong interpersonal / influencing skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Deep understanding of HS strategies and approaches; recognized as expert in the HS field.
- Knowledge of health & safety regulations and requirements.
- Extensive expertise in in EHS within a manufacturing environment
- Advanced EHS professional certification - CSP (Certified Safety Profession) or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor's degree in EHS or related field; MBA or Master's degree in HS preferred
If you feel that you have the right skill set, then please apply for this exciting EHS Implementation Director role below.