Operational Health and Safety Advisor
- NEBOSH Qualification
- NEBOSH Diploma
Shirley Parsons are excited to partner exclusively with a large public sector body in London who are seeking an Operational Health and Safety Advisor. Working as part of a large, well-established HS team, you will provide operational health and safety support across a wide number of high risk activities, delivering the annual H&S plan to ensure legislative compliance.
This organisation has undergone a significant transformation in health and safety culture over the past 15 years, and are at another exciting point in their health and safety journey as they look to take a wider, risk management based approach over the next 3-5 years – this is an excellent time to join and be part of this change.
The starting salary is £44,644, rising to £49,944, with an additional London allowance. Also on offer is a generous leave allowance and civil service pension scheme.
- Support and drive continuous H&S improvement, promote a positive safety culture
- Provide high level H&S advice to senior level operational managers
- Ensure compliance to legal standards and the internal H&S management system, and that external audit recommendations are met
- Undertake accident, incident and near miss investigations, capturing any areas of learning
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Level 6 Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as operational H&S professional
- Additional professional skill highly desirable e.g. noise, ergonomics, occupational hygiene
- Excellent communicator and influencer, able to make an impact within teams at all levels
- Able to provide out of hours support on a rota basis
Reference: AC 12464
Apply for Operational Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly