Interim Health and Safety Advisor
An interim Health and Safety Advisor job has arisen for an education client in Suffolk. You will support the client in the implementation of its strategies and Health and Safety Policy, by providing professional health and safety advice and training to staff and students. You will also assist with the development and review of written health and safety documentation and records, and assist with monitoring health and safety, thereby helping to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of their health and safety arrangements.
You will be providing support and advice to Heads of Department, Departmental Health and Safety Officers and Health and Safety Liaison Officers, helping them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities as well as co-ordinate the provision of professional health and safety advice and training.
Further duties include:
- Supporting managers undertaking risk assessments in areas where health surveillance may be required, working with the Occupational Health Advisors to identify those requiring surveillance and educating managers and employees on how to reduce exposure risk.
- Supporting the H&S team in developing and reviewing written health and safety standards, systems of work, guidance and risk assessments, ensuring the information is kept up to date and reflects changes in operational delivery and legislation
- Delivering health and safety training or assisting with sourcing suitable training providers.
- Reviewing health and safety incident reports and referring to relevant department for investigation, or carrying out investigations as required.
- Performing health and safety inspections.
- Supporting departments with their annual programme of health and safety inspections.
- Monitoring close out of corrective actions from internal and external audits, inspections and investigations.
3 months to start asap, whilst they recruit permanently
4 x days per week
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have the NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent) and excellent experience in Health & Safety, particularly experience of health and safety issues within education.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.