Acre are working in partnership with a high-profile FTSE 100 business to identify their new Health and Safety Manager. Reporting into the Head of HR the successful candidate will ensure the UK and Ireland business remains legally compliant with occupational health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Provide competent Health, Safety and Environment advice to UK & Ireland employees, including the review of policy and procedures
- Review UK & Ireland practices and where possible align to Group standards
- To lead relevant OHSE Committee/s and chair the Management review meetings to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and prioritisation of OHSE activities
- Uphold and manage OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 management systems, covering UK & Ireland
- Support arrangements for crisis management, evacuation, fire and first aid for Bristol office
- Responsible for reviewing reported OHSE incidents and near misses and analysing the data, to ensure appropriate control measures are implemented and future risk is mitigated where possible
This successful individual will have great communication skills, management systems experience, and the ability to engage a wider range of stakeholders.
They will also have:
- Track record of success gained in previous OHSE roles, ideally within Manufacturing, logistics, FM or Consultancy
- An engaging and compelling communication style with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Multisite management systems experience with OHSAS18001 and ISO14001
- A willingness to travel internationally is required
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a highly progressive FTSE 100 organisation during a time of sustained growth and profitability.
Apply for OHSE Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly