Head of Occupational Health & Wellbeing (Construction)
Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing (Construction) | Northampton | up to £70,000 + Car + Attractive Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a major principal contractor to recruit a Head of Occupational Health & Wellbeing. The company is a leading player in large scale infrastructure and construction projects, and this role will lead on Occupational Health and Wellbeing on one of the UK's largest infrastructure projects in recent history.
The organisation is looking for a senior Health & Wellbeing professional, used to operating and influencing at a senior level, who will support and lead the operational teams to develop and improve the Health and Wellbeing culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership in Health and Wellbeing, be visible inside and outside the business and collaborate with the client and their other business partners, where required representing the organisation at client and industry forums
- Take responsibility for championing a positive culture of Health and Wellbeing and report on performance
- Provide professional, expert advice and solutions to allow the company to comply with legislation, industry best practice and meet the organisations objectives
- Monitor and report on health & wellbeing performance, advising senior leadership, and where appropriate parent companies, of key concerns or areas for improvement
- Lead on the delivery of market leading Occupational Health solutions and develop the Health Management plan for the project
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience on large construction or infrastructure projects
- A background as a Senior Occupational Health Professional or Occupational Health Manager,
- NMC Registered General Nurse with a degree in Occupational Health (ideally Part 3 registered) or GMC Registered Medical Doctor with membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Experience of managing a team of health and wellbeing professionals
This position would suit a creative and passionate induvial who is keen to drive new ideas and initiatives forward across occupational health. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Michael Colton on or call 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Head of Occupational Health & Wellbeing (Construction)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly