Health and Safety Manager - rail
Health and Safety Manager (line management responsibility) - Manchester - construction/rail - well-established civil engineering contractor - salary c£45k-£55k+package
Working predominately within the rail industry to act as the focal point for all issues relating to the management of Health and Safety and to effectively contribute to the safe execution of contract works ensuring compliance with the requirements of:
* Company Safety Management System
* Current legislation
* The Project Health and Safety Plan
* The Principle Contractors Licence (Rail Only)
* The Client
To provide professional advice and guidance to members of staff to enable them to safely and effectively deliver their objectives
To contribute to the ongoing development of the company's Health and Safety Strategy, Health and Safety Policy and Safety Management Systems
To audit, monitor and report on safety performance and agree any improvement actions necessary to ensure compliance with the above.
Act as line manager for direct report - Health and Safety Advisers
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* To provide informed advice, guidance and support on health, safety and welfare matters to all parties.
* Ensure implementation of agreed solutions to achieve compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* To contribute to the preparation of Project Health and Safety Plans and ensure compliance with their requirements.
* To provide detailed H&S input into all stages of the project process from initial pre-qualification to contract completion to ensure that projects are executed in a safe manner.
* To undertake Site Safety Inspections in accordance with the H&S Inspection plan to ensure that the requirements of the company's Safety Management System, Project Health and Safety Plans, current H&S legislation and client requirements are addressed and compliance achieved.
* To ensure that corrective actions arising from Site Safety Inspections are effectively addressed and closed out and that opportunities for the continuous improvement of safe working practices are fully exploited.
* To liaise with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory authorities on all Health and Safety issues.
* To prevent the adoption of unsafe working practices.
* To undertake Accident and Incident Reporting and Accident / Incident Investigation, in accordance with the company's procedures.
* To facilitate and attend Health and Safety Meetings as appropriate.
* To develop and facilitate open communications on Health and Safety issues across Project Teams.
* To monitor and report upon Health and Safety Performance in accordance with management reporting requirements, including the identification of areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
* To facilitate Health and Safety visits.
* To manage the Company's Principle Contractors Licence (Rail only).
* To proactively contribute to the development and delivery of Health and Safety "Best Practice" across the organisation.
* To support the development and delivery of a consistent approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
* Manage and support the development of direct report Health and Safety Adviser
Candidates for this role should be effective team members and meet the following criteria:
* Ambition and commitment to succeed in the role.
* Have previous experience of a rail environment, civil engineering and general construction activities.
* Demonstrable self-motivation and high personal professional standards.
* Confident communication skills.
* Excellent employer references.
* Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred and this will have been gained at least in part, with a Major Contractor.
* Ability to manage direct reports
* Be flexible in being able to respond to situations outside of normal working hours
* Experience of behavioural safety programmes, and environmental awareness / qualification would be beneficial
NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
Preferably a minimum of five years recent related experience.
Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or currently undertaking IPD to achieve CMIOSH status
CSCS - Health and Safety Manager (Platinum)
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy
Apply for Health and Safety Manager - rail
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly