Health, Safety and Security Manager EMEA
Health, Safety and Security Manager EMEA (6 month fixed term contract) | London
UBM plc is a leading global B2B events organiser. It is the largest listed pure-play organiser in the world and the leading organiser in the US and Asia. UBM is now part of Informa PLC.
Our 3,750 staff, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different industry sectors – from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled and passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions.
In line with the wider Group Health, Safety and Security strategy you will proactively help deliver the Health, Safety and Security agenda across all of UBM EMEA’s regional workplaces. The Health, Safety and Security Manager is responsible for supporting the implementation of Health, Safety and Security processes for all UBM EMEA events. The Manager will work as part of a team with Operations Managers, Executives, in London, Amsterdam, Istanbul, and across the UBM business.
The Health, Safety and Security Manager will review current Health, Safety and Security practices so to implement best practice and continuous improvement initiatives successfully. The successful candidate will have sufficient experience to provide practical advice to UBM EMEA on Health, Safety and Security best practice, along with being highly organised, self-motivated, and energetic with exceptional communication skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and developing HSS processes and documents.
- Production of risk assessments and event safety plans for all EMEA events.
- Devise and develop a systematic audit process to monitor compliance to the company policies and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessments (within our offices) as required to highlight areas that require improvement.
- Conduct Health, Safety and Security audits on-site and reporting.
- Liaison as required with event teams to advice on issues.
- Liaison with contractors, suppliers and venues to ensure management and implementation of safety procedures.
- Assist in composing solutions to Health, Safety and Security challenges in the workplace and aid where possible in the implementation of those solutions.
- Act as a focal point of Health, Safety and Security within the workplace and those responsible for delivering Health, Safety and Security within the workplace.
- Prepare and present Health, Safety and Security updates to the business.
- Present and/or organize Health, Safety and Security training programs are in place that will allow the highest level of competence within our workplaces.
- Employ the highest standards of practice to deliver optimum results at all times.
- Remain updated and conversant with relevant laws, regulations and other statutory requirements that impact Health, Safety and Security across all regions.
- Experience of event safety delivery, pre-event and onsite.
- General knowledge of events and exhibitions, venues and contractors, in UK and in EU.
- Outstanding understanding of risk assessments, method statements and event safety plans.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running.
- Extensive knowledge of effective Health, Safety and Security management strategies and industry best practice gained within a multi-site organisation.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- IT literacy and ability to present clearly and confidently to management.
- Experience, skill and accuracy in developing clear processes and drafting high quality procedural documents.
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We actively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBT communities as they are currently underrepresented at application stage.
Apply for Health, Safety and Security Manager EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly