Health & Safety Advisor
A leading London based commercial organisation is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to join their growing team. This is an excellent development opportunity which will see you deal with a variety of risks associated with construction and refurbishment works, distribution centres, events, public footfall and this company's Health Centres as well as the usual day to day safety issues. In addition to high level of autonomy working on projects in these areas, you will also have the opportunity to learn from some experienced safety professionals. This position also includes an excellent benefits package.
- Designing and delivering high calibre training courses across all sites of the business.
- Investigate and analyse trends in health and safety incidents.
- Conduct risk assessments for any areas of the business posing significant risks to safety.
- Provide professional safety advice to the business.
- Maintain appropriate records such as incidents, reports, risk assessments, surveys, and audits.
- Contribute to corporate policies and procedures which assist management and staff in complying with legislation and best practice;
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the fields of health, safety, fire and security ensuring that the business is advised of any relevant changes etc in a timely manner and maintaining their CPD through courses, seminars etc.
- Produce accurate reports as requested for meetings, committees and external agencies.
- Recognised Level 5 Health & Safety Qualification.
- 5 years' experience in a Health & Safety role.
- Competent delivering Health & Safety training (e.g. manual handling, COSHH, work at height, risk assessment.)
- Ability to carry out risk assessments unaided.
- Exposure to construction projects or biosafety desirable.